When people want to find out anything these days they type it into search engines Google Safari or Bing. No matter the search engine, the same reality presents itself. Search Engines rank websites in descending order based on content relevancy and quality. Therefore consumers visit websites based on the same notion making it crucial for organizations like nonprofits to have winning SEO strategies to increase website traffic. SEO is an overlooked digital marketing tactic but a vital component to seeing real result in this digital era.
What is SEO
SEO is utilizing the most effective keywords, phrases and tactics to best communicate a websites value through search engine rankings. By having a killer SEO strategy an organization can truly increase its online presence and website visibility.
SEO: Onsite vs Offsite
SEO has two components onsite and offsite. Onsite SEO relates to the content on your website promoting your product or service from headlines and taglines to blog posts and videos.
Offsite SEO relates to backlinks from well establishes websites increasing SEO exposure. Though content is vital part of the machine that is SEO without backlinks connecting a larger audience to your site the groundbreaking content you worked so hard to cultivate will not reach the large audience it deserves.
- Valuable Content Only
Creating Valuable content that delivers value to your audience is a vital to improving SEO rankings and an online presence. From blog posts to new letters consumers are used to a certain level of content from brands fighting for their attention and engagement. With hacks your nonprofit can truly deliver quality content that will communicate your organizations value effectively.
- Simple language that is easy to read
- Organize content so it is topic related
- Be original in approach to subject
- Write content targeted to specific audience
- Incorporate Keywords
Write content so that is is tailored to your audience’s needs and utilize key words that help communicate those needs in a short and concise manner.
- Brainstorm keywords and phrases search engine friendly
- Google Key Word Planner and research trending topics related to your content
- Keep your reader in mind when throughout writing process
- Construct focused Headlines
Keywords should be focused not only in content but in headlines as well. By doing so Search Engines can filter through which websites poses the most relevant information according to the users search query. Structure your content by title and subheadings using consistent consistent focused keywords and increase your brands site traffic.
Use Anchor Text Strategically
- A brands content needs to be not only valuable but credible as the consumer is more knowledgeable than ever. Hyperlinks links are a tactic used by brands that give their readers the opportunity to cite information used. Shown in blue underlined text, hyperlinks indicate to both your reader and search engines exactly what the content on your page is about.
Within a hyperlinks use specific anchor text linking your site to other pages helping the it obtain relevancy in to search engines query’s.
- Write anchor text that short sweet but descriptive
- Create anchor text that link back to your website or blog and external sites
- Be creative and avoid generic anchor text like “read more now,” or “click here”
- Use keyword within Anchor text
- Images are key
With the rise of social media platforms driven by Photos like Face book Instagram and Pinterest consumers are more likely to engage with brands that have images along with an online presence. However, the search engine does not operate the way the human brain does when looking at a picture so when uploading a picture to google under file name and alternative text write the pictures description wisely so that it easy to read and decipher for both the search engine search query.
The more backlinks your site has the more credible it is according to Google Page Ranks. You can receive backlinks by asking local news outlets when featured in news articles. Be sure to convey the equal benefit of providing the backlink as it will give more information to readers on the topic and organization. It’s a win, win.
- Create a Google+ Profile
Google Plus is an over looked platform proven to increase nonprofit SEO rankings. Creating a profile is quick and easy making your organization more visible and your sponsors and volunteers can better become apart of your cause. Once you have created a profile you can create a listing using these easy steps and improve you NGOs online presence.
- Claim your organization
- Add a photo of your business/office location
- Include hours of operation
- Include a summary of your organization
- Monitor and filter through reviews
By implementing these SEO tips into your organizations can boost its search engine rankings online presence, and website traffic in no time.