- How Do You Change Your YouTube Channel Name?
- Set up a Custom URL for Your Channel
- Youtube Thumbnail Size 2019 – 1280 x 720 pixels – 16:9 ratio
- Make Good YouTube Thumbnails & Titles to Grow Your Channel
- How to Embed a YouTube Video on Your Website
- How to Make a Youtube Url that Auto Subscribes to Your Channel
- Tips for Uploading to YouTube: Title, Description, Tags, Transcription
- 5 Tips for YouTube Keyword Research
- YouTube Tags: How to Find Them From Your Competitors
- YouTube Content Engagement: Get More Views, Embeds, Comments, etc
- YouTube Views: How Are They Counted?
- Video Search Engines to Search for Video Content
- The Keys to 100 YouTube Subscribers!
If you have never edited your YouTube channel URL, you are using the standard URL given by YouTube. The standard URL uses your unique channel ID.
This is what a standard URL looks like:
What is a Custom URL?
A custom URL is shorter than your standard URL and is easy to remember. The custom URL can be shared with your audience and can be based on something personalized to you (i.e display name, username, etc). Once you select a custom URL, it cannot be changed!
To be eligible for a custom URL your account needs to meet these requirements:
- Have 100 subscribers or more
- Be at least 30 days old
- Have uploaded a photo as a channel icon
- Have uploaded a channel art
How to Set Up Your Custom URL
- Sign in to YouTube
- Go to your Advanced Account Settings
- Under “Channel settings” select the link next to “You’re eligible for a custom URL” (note: you’ll only see this link if your channel meets the above requirements and is eligible)
- You’ll see a “Get a custom URL” box where the custom URL(s) you’ve been approved for will appear (note: although you cannot change the part in the grey box, you can add a few letters or numbers to make the URL special to you)
- Click “Change URL”
IMPORTANT: You can’t change your custom URL after you create it, so make sure that everything is correct. Which in our case is unfortunate because we no longer use “social” in our company name but we are still stuck with: https://www.youtube.com/c/seattlewebsearchsocial
LEARN MORE SEO FROM YOUR EMAIL
SEO, YouTube, Pinterest and more sent out bi-weekly
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.