There’s a direct correlation between how often you’re blogging, and how much traffic and leads your website is generating. Companies that increase blogging from 3-5 times a month to 6-8 times a month almost double their leads.
The more you blog, the more indexed pages you are creating in the search engines. Companies that blog average 434% more indexed pages than those that don’t. This means you’ll have that many more opportunities to get found through the search engines.
Recent algorithm changes point to Google placing increased emphasis on quality content. Because marketers must also make a commitment to quality content, increasing frequency alone won’t do the job. Quality and quantity must go hand in hand.
The best business blogs answer common questions their leads and customers have. If you’re consistently creating content that’s helpful for your target customer, it’ll help establish you as an authority in their eyes.
Need help creating content on a regular basis? Here are some easy do it yourself blogging tips to follow:
- Generate a List of Potential Topics: Find a competitor and use an online tool (internal link) to find out which of their blog posts are most popular. Find a way to spin, repurpose, or improve the content.
- Create an Outline: Keep it simple, the outline should contain an introduction, a body, and a conclusion. The introduction should tell the readers what they will learn and be persuasive enough to convince them to read the rest. The body should consist of a couple main ideas that you want to discuss, and the conclusion should reiterate what your readers have learned in the post and contain a call to action.
- Create a Conversation: Using the words “you” and “I” within your post help to create a conversation and better engage your readers. It can make the difference whether people comment and share your post or not.
- Use Data: Back up your opinions and writing with data to get more traffic. Linking to reputable data sources is an easy way to do link-building, links are still one of the most important ranking signals in Google’s algorithm, and are likely to remain so for the foreseeable future.
- Keep Things Simple: Don’t try to use advanced words that no one understands. Keeping your message simple results in more effective use of short and long tail keywords and equals better search results. Click here for an example of a perfectly SEO formatted blog article (from Moz).
- Proofread, Add a Picture and Schedule: Don’t be too much of a perfectionist, when you are proofreading, don’t focus on fixing all the errors. You can always re-read your post and make changes later. Your goal should be to publish on a schedule, this helps to streamline your process. If this step is taking too much time, you can easily get help from Odesk or Fiverr.
The best way to streamline your content creation process is to figure out how often you want to publish content and then stick with it. Then you can create a few extra posts to create a buffer in case life gets in the way and something doesn’t work out.[clickToTweet tweet=”Consistent Blogging Generates Traffic and Improves SEO” quote=”Consistent Blogging Generates Traffic and Improves SEO”]