Friday, November 18th at 7:15 AM – 8:15 AMLocation:
Stone Way Cafe
3510 Stone Way N
Seattle, WA 98103
During this FREE Workshop we will talk about:
Learn how to save time doing social media and get the most SEO value out of your efforts
Learn how to do social media, but with a focus on activities that actually help with ranking. (example: channels with lower competition and have natural SEO value without engagement, engagement is ideal and almost necessary for social media success, but is something that is hard to replicate, each situation is different and very much a learning and time intensive strategy).
We’ve been seeing a massive shift in what it means to be effective on social media over the last few years. One challenge that marketers are facing in this new era of social media marketing is connecting with audiences on an individual and personal level.
Engage with BNI on social media and watch your chapter grow.
Connecting with your BNI members helps to humanize your brand and build online relationships. Leverage your BNI members contact spheres and help members increase their online business through social media networking.
The reality is social media is changing the way we communicate and especially the way products and services are promoted and advertised. It’s here to stay and you are missing a huge opportunity if you don’t use the communication vehicles that millions of people are paying attention to every day.
“Social media is not just an activity; it is an investment of valuable time and resources. Surround yourself with people who not just support you and stay with you, but inform your thinking about ways to WOW your online presence.” – Sean Gardner – writer for the Huffington Post, @2morrowknight
Here are some things we will talk about:
- Twitter: growing the # of followers by following other accounts that might be interested in our content and are local
- Pinterest: aggregating content and following accounts that have high value content to website audience, then peppering in links from the website so that when people follow the account or board, we also get hits to the website / our content
Google+: create systems so that power partners and internal traffic can share/build each others SEO easily (example: automate a feed of links from the website to Google+ then have employees, faculty, power partners, etc +1 the links and follow the page).
- Aggregate and share content to increase visibility across all social media channels (example: there is so much duplicate content out there [it’s not worth it to write the 10 blog post about the same subject/target keywords])Finding the highest ranking content with the most traffic and sharing that via social media is one of the best ways to grow your organic reach on social media and connect with a high converting audience/traffic.
Video SEO tips & tricks, for namely YouTube:
Some examples of tips we will be going over is:How to get comments on your videos. Get 10-20 comments per video. Make some comments to get the process started, then feel free to reply.
Then you can set your playlist to shuffle and autoloop to get real views, do this on as many computers as you can.
If we have time we will talk about more advanced things like:
- Channel optimizations: channel images, welcome video, playlists
- Optimizing videos: titles/descriptions/tagging (keyword strategy), call to actions, annotations, subscriptions, timestamps
- Distributing it effectively in order to improve SEO value:
- Website embeds: blog posts / landing pages
- Engagement / sharing via social media (Instagram, Pinterest)
- YouTube factors: # of subscribers, comments, views, thumbs up, etc
- Build backlinks to videos (Quora, Slideshare, Medium, etc)
- Email campaigns
How to do basic keyword research & optimize your website for them
Conversion optimizations, which are normally stripping down websites and reducing the number of options in order to improve the chance that the remaining options are taken. (example: turning pages into more of landing pages with a good overall site structure to promote navigation to pages we want visited – basically creating a funnel instead of having all the options available via main navigation).
If we have time we will talk about more advanced things like how to research what makes the client unique in order to find diverse keywords with high KEI (ratios of high monthly searches and low competition).
Would you like to expand your professional network, grow your business, develop your networking skills, and create lasting personal relationships?
Join our BNI group on Tuesday at the Swedish Cultural Center, our Chapter Passed $2,659,436 in the past 12 months and we have open categories for individuals who will bring enthusiasm and integrity to our meeting!
Just one person per professional specialty is allowed in each chapter so you should search through our members here to see if your category is open, then visit a meeting and lock out your competition.
For more SEO related events, check out our Facebook page to see our upcoming event schedule.
We also host a monthly webinar helping any 503(c)(3) setup Google Grants, apply it to their nonprofit marketing, and optimize it to get on the first page of Google.